The last reflection happens after you submit your EE. It is supposed to be a closing reflection that shows how much you engaged with your essay, and how did you grow as an IB student and a researcher during the process. The written reflection that happens through your Viva Voce must close your RPPF, and will help your supervisor assess your work.
Some questions that can guide your Viva Voce
- What have been the high and low points of the research and writing processes?
- What would you have done differently in the research process?
- What is the most important thing that you learned?
- What was your greatest challenge and how did you overcome it?
- What would you change in your research if you did another EE?
- How rewarding did you find the experience??
- What was the most valuable experience that you took away from the process?
- What was your greatest challenge and what did you do to overcome it?
- What advice would you give to the next year’s group?
- What IB learner profile attribute would you say helped you through the process (communicator, risk-taker, etc.)?
- Would you like to continue reading on this topic?
- What questions did this process raise?
- What conclusions have you drawn about the topic?
- What ATL skills did you develop the most through this process?
Also, pick points out of the essay – ask specific questions, ask for clarifications
Key – begin and end positively. This is the end of a long, sometimes tough, process.
(ISM, n.d., accessed from: https://ismanila.libguides.com/c.php?g=899545&p=6472251)